Investing in massage is an investment in your health.
Medical massage is outcome-based massage, primarily the application of specific treatment protocols targeted to the specific problem(s) the patient presents with physician's diagnosis and administered after a thorough assessment/evaluation by the medical massage therapist with specific outcomes being the basis for tr.
Relaxation massage does have many medical benefits but should not be confused with medical massage unless it is prescribed for stress relief or hypertension. According to Cedar River Medical Massage, until a specific symptom is treated with a specific set of procedures to bring about a specific outcome then massage it is not "medical massage".
Medical massage is useful in addressing conditions such as:
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Pain associated with bulged or injured spinal disks (medical massage cannot 'fix' the disk, but can help alleviate much of the pain associated with the injury).
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Range of motion issues
- Back and Neck pain
- Repetitive use injuries such as those listed and teniss elbow, Gilfer's elbow
- Pain associated with restricted fasia
- Pain associated with postural imbalances
- Muscle cramps
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sports injuries
- Work injuries
- Auto injuries
- Edema (swelling)
- Injuries sustained in traumas such as falls or automobile accidents
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (numbness/tingling in hands/arms)
In-home: 60 minute $120.00
90 minute $180.00
Travel fee of $20 may apply if massage therapist travels over 20 min to your locations